I’d like to assume that everyone knows water is essential to your health, but does everyone understand how important h2o really is? Here is a quick break down of how our body uses water:
- Regulates body temprature
- Lubricates joints
- Carries nutrients and oxygen to cells
- Helps dissolve minerals and other nutrients to make them accessible to the body
- Helps prevent constipation
- Protects the bodies organs and tissue
- Moistens tissues such as those in the mouth and nose
- Loosens the burden on the kidneys and liver by flushing out waste products
Our body constantly loses fluids from our skin, urine and stool. If our intake does not match our output we become dehydrated. These fluids need to be replaced daily for our body to function properly. You wouldn’t let your car run out of gas? Well maybe I have once or twice….but you should definitely treat your body better than your car, right? Not to mention, if you are drinking water the way you should be, you will feel less hungry throughout the day. You don’t need to be the meathead that carries a gallon around all day, but you could benefit from carrying a water bottle with you or having one in your car and at the office. I also like to use fun apps that help remind me to keep up on the water intake. You can find some of my favorites, like plant nanny on appcrawler.com
Also, here’s a gross chart for you to reference!
One thought on “Why drinking water regularly is key to your health”
he image Urine Color Chart above is from our article http://www.ehealthstar.com/test/urine-color-chart . I would be happy to have a live link.